Silicon Valley venture capital firm, Kleiner Perkins KPCB’s iFund™ is a $100M investment initiative that will fund market-changing ideas and products that extend the revolutionary new iPhone and iPod touch platform. The iFund™ is agnostic to size and stage of investment and will invest in companies building applications, services and components. Focus areas include location based services, social networking, mCommerce (including advertising and payments), communication, and entertainment. The iFund™ will back innovators pursuing transformative, high-impact ideas with an eye towards building independent durable companies atop the iPhone / iPod touch platform.
iFund companies include:
- Booyah - A motivator for life and personal discovery.
- GOGII - A new social interaction and marketing platform.
- iControl - Stay connected in real-time to what matters most—family, property, home, and business—from anywhere in the world, anytime, day or night.
- ng:moco - The first iPhone-only games publisher.
- Pelago - Discover the world through the eyes of your friends and other people you trust.
The iFund™ is be managed by KPCB Partner Matt Murphy in collaboration with partners Chi-Hua Chien, John Doerr, Bing Gordon, Bill Joy, Randy Komisar, Ellen Pao and Ted Schlein. Apple will provide KPCB with market insight and support.For more information or questions, please email iFund@kpcb.com
Their blog is: